I haven’t posted for a long time because I’ve been rewriting my book, which has turned out to be a bigger project than I’d anticipated. But I miss writing for this blog, so I decided to squeeze blog posts into my schedule when I can.
I love the subject for this post and thought I’d introduce it here and then write about each principle individually in future posts. These short statements from the curriculum at The University of Santa Monica represent keys to resolving the stresses and emotional pain we experience from time to time and, I believe, offer hope for helping ourselves through those tough times.
15 Keys for Emotional Healing
These are some of the gems of wisdom I’ve learned that shaped my life, my counseling practice, and my philosophy. They are principles as expressed in the spiritual psychology I practiced. You may want to use them to help guide you, too.
- Earth is a school.
- The curriculum of life is gaining experience for learning and growing.
- Everyone has the potential, resources, and destiny to graduate.
- Growth is a process, not an event.
- Outer experience is a reflection of inner reality.
- Issues are blessings, as they are opportunities for healing.
- It isn’t the issue that’s the issue, but how you relate to it that’s the issue.
- Healing is the application of love to the part that hurts.
- Getting to the loving is the object.
- Situations outside are what they are. Resolution occurs inside you.
- Acceptance and agreement are different.
- You can cooperate with what is or fight with what is.
- Prizing is recognizing the divine essence in yourself or another.
- Resolve your anger before discussing your upset. Always discuss your upset.
- “I forgive myself for judging myself as . . . “
Next time I’ll be sharing about number 1, Earth Is a School, and how it cleared up some profound confusion in my own life.
I hope you will share your views and insights in the comments below. Life becomes more joyful as we learn from each other.
Live your purpose, love your life.